Security & Privacy
We consider that it is very important to ensure transparent, honest and lawful provision of services. Therefore, CBet carefully manages the information about you and ensures the management of your personal data in accordance with valid laws and legal acts.
The main and the most important reason to process your personal data and any information related to you is provision of distance gambling services to you.
Gambling is a strictly regulated business field, and it means that CBet, as legally and socially responsible provider of distance gambling services, always complies with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania and other national and directly applicable legal acts of the European Union. Complying with these requirements, we are obliged to process and collect the data related to your personal identity, as well as other additional personal information, for example, to ensure that you do not participate in money laundering. Due to this reason we must know our customer and in certain cases to request to provide the information about the source of your income, participation in politics and other information. Moreover, we must monitor your operations and make an investigation, if their structure differs from the information provided earlier, as well as to request to provide any additional information, if necessary (for example, an agreement or any other document proving the source of income that has not been specified before).
The company engaged in activities of organization of distance gambling may collect the following personal data and the data that are not related to the person:
- registration information that you provide to us when you register and create an account, including but not limited to information that you provide to verify your identity, i.e. name, surname, personal identification number, date of birth, residential address, e-mail address, phone number, gender, photo(s) of a personal identification document, and customer identification and identification data and information recorded during the transfer of video and photo(s), as well as data on whether you are a person participating in the policy, as well as information that after registration, you can update or correct information we may ask you to add, etc. This information may include your name, e-mail address, postal address, gender, date of birth, social security code, address, ID, phone number, etc. We may also collect any additional information you provide to us after registration;
- digital personal identification data, such as mobile bank personal identification data and name in social networks and Skype;
- login location data (operation location, IP address, login location);
- correspondence records - any information in correspondence with you (in a contact form, in online talks, e-mails, phone calls, and any other accessible communication source);
- voice record data, such as records of phone calls, Skype calls or calls by any other internet equipment;
- payment information - in order to provide safe and sufficient services, we may collect your payment information, such as your deposits, withdrawals, credit/debit card information, bank account details;
- information about device - due to safety and efficiency we may collect special information about your login and your device, software or hardware that may identify you, for example, device unique identifier, IP addresses, information about geographical location and so on;
- information from third parties with whom we cooperate in order to provide safe, efficient, and legal services and to confirm your identity, and prevent fraud or illegal activity;
- we do not process sensitive data related to your health, ethnicity and religious or political views, except for the cases when it is required according to the laws or in special cases when, for example, you reveal such data by using the Services, for example, in correspondence with our employees or other gamblers during the game.
Customer information is collected for specified, clear and legal aims. Moreover, the information we collect, including your personal information, is used for the following:
- to monitor and provide services online;
- to approve your age and identity;
- to determine whether you are allowed to participate in gambling organized by the company;
- to create, use and manage your account;
- to communicate with you and to inform you;
- to manage business needs, for example, to monitor, analyse and improve services, performance and functionality of the website;
- to manage risks;
- to carry out statistical analysis and marketing (customer research, interviews and analysis);
- to carry out fraud, agreed on and/or illegal bets, money laundering and deception prevention;
- to comply with the laws and legal acts;
- to comply with contractual obligations.
If you have any questions on legal basis based on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail email@example.com.
We take all justified measures to ensure safety and protection of your personal information. By providing your personal data and logging into our website, as well as by renewing your data in our website you agree that CBet processes and reveals your personal data for the aims specified in this policy. We may share your personal data and other information due to the following reasons:
- to provide safe efficient and legal services, we share it with the third persons with whom we cooperate and have concluded relevant agreements;
- with third parties from Governmental and (or) regulation institutions. We may also reveal your personal data to regulation institutions, if we have doubts that you could have violated our rules or valid laws and legal acts. These regulation institutions may use your personal information to investigate such violations and to act respectively according to their procedures;
- with the third parties with whom you have agreed to share the information.
We would like to draw your attention that this Policy is not applied to websites, software, advertising banners, and any other proposals of the third parties, even if they can be accessed, downloaded, shown or otherwise distributed on CBet website. Before providing your personal information to the third parties, always read their privacy policies carefully. The company shall not be liable for the reveal of personal data to these third parties that are not related to CBet.
Your information shall be stored as long as it is necessary to achieve the objectives for which we have received this information (see How we use the information collected), except for the cases when a longer storage period is required or it is allowed by valid laws. Information about your personal data stated during registration shall be stored for 10 years after termination of the agreement on distance gambling. CBet must ensure persons who are entitled to inspect activities of an organizer of gambling to check the equipment and the data used in the equipment. CBet must store this information for 5 years and provide it to the Supervisory Authority, pre-trial investigation officers, prosecutors, court and other state institutions and entities that carry out inspections of activities of gambling organizers, as required by the laws.
We take all necessary measure to ensure the privacy of your information during the processes of deletion of information.
It must be stated that we do not allow registration of persons under 18 and do not provide the services of distance table games and distance gambling with A category machines for persons under 21. Taking this into account, we deliberately do not record and do not store any information of such persons. If after age approval it is revealed that the person is minor, the company confiscates any winnings and returns the money paid or its balance. We also take justified measures and immediately close any related accounts and delete all entries (if possible), except for the information helping to identify such persons and preventing them from access possibility in the future.
We put all justified measures to ensure that any information collected from you is accurate and confirmed.
You have the right to access your personal data that we have. Moreover, you can submit a request to change the data in order to ensure that your personal data is accurate and renewed.
Possibility to access the data and its transferability. You may request us to provide a copy of your personal data. It can be done by submitting a request form on CBet website. A copy of personal information that we store about you we will provide in structured the most common digital format (csv, xls and others) within 30 days after receipt of a valid request. CBet is entitled to choose the format of submitted documents. However, this period, if necessary, may be extended up to two months, taking into account the complexity and number of requests. The requested personal documents will be submitted on CBet website. But this condition is not valid if you already have the information. Any obviously unjustified or superfluous requests (especially repeated ones) may be rejected or taxed with additional administrative tax. You may also request to transfer your personal data to another service provider (if it is possible technically). If you wish to receive additional information or need help, please contact us. We shall not be liable for protection of data that you have received/stored. We must draw your attention that CBet is entitled to refuse to satisfy your request on provision of a copy of processed personal data or their copies, if you have failed to clearly indicate the copies of the requested data or documents or the contents of any other information related to you, i. e. the scope of the requested data.
Data correction. In certain cases you can contact us and request to change, correct or renew your personal data, especially if the data is not correct. Moreover, if necessary, you may request to renew certain personal data. We would like to stress that in accordance with any valid laws and legal acts we will store the information in an original format.
Data deletion. You can contact us and request to delete certain or all your personal data if they are not necessary to provide you the services or comply with legal obligations. We would like to draw your attention that we will save the information if it is necessary according to valid laws and regulations (for example, obligations related to gambling organization, fraud, money laundering, taxes, submission of legal reports or audit).
Cancellation of the consent. If we rely on your consent to process personal data related to you or any other information, you have the right to withdraw or cancel your consent anytime and if we rely on legal interests, you have the right to submit your disagreement. We would like to remind that cancellation of the consent does not affect legality of processing of data based on the consent made before cancellation of the consent.
You can manage or cancel your consent in the following manner:
- by clicking on “unsubscribe” and selecting the category of e-mails that you do not want to receive anymore;
- by managing cookies. For more information on cookies see our Cookies Policy;
- by sending a request by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to claim. You, as a CBet customer, have the right to claim to the supervisory authority – State Data Protection Inspectorate.
Profiling is division of customers into segments after assessment of related personal aspects in order to choose a proper service model, responsible gambling policy or to carry out a risk assessment for the aims of money laundering prevention.
CBet applies profiling to prepare an analysis for customer counselling and automated decision making, such as money laundering risk assessment, risk management and monitoring of operations, to prevent fraud. CBet applies profiling based on the following grounds:
- compliance with legal obligations. CBet may process personal data and assess personal aspects, if CBet carries out risk assessment for the aims of prevention of money laundering.
Based only in automated personal document processing, CBet may make decisions related to the customer, including the decisions on the customer’s actions in participating in distance gambling organized by the company.
The customer has the right not to be subject to the decision based on automated data processing only, including profiling. The customer may implement this right, if based on the automated decision CBet refuses to conclude the agreement or provide the services. At your request, automated decision shall be revised by CBet employees.
Your account may have been hacked, if:
- you received a request to remind the forgotten password, though you have not done so;
- you have noticed that some bets or transfers were performed and you did not perform them;
- the changes of personal data - the address, the phone number, e-mail, etc. were done and you did not do them
If the mentioned incidents happened, change your password immediately and, if it is necessary, please contact the administration.
Safety of transfers
Safety of transfers using communication means is one of the biggest concerns for us. All information sent via the internet is encoded using different algorithms technologies. All information, which is sent from your system to our system using communication means is secured maximally using 256-bit SSL encryption. This system ensures security of your entered information, for example, the payment information, automatically. SSL certificate is validated as the data protection software.
How we protect your information?
All online information is encrypted by using developed combinations of logarithms. All communication between you and CBet is encrypted maximally, taking into account the parameters of your browser and by using 256 bit SSL encryption.
When you sign in or log in all information sent to (from) CBet website is encrypted by using 256 bit cryptographic protocol SSL (Secure Socket Layer). This system ensures automatic protection of all information provided by using CBet website (for example, your personal data). We will protect private information by using Godaddy SSL certificates.
Your credit card provider automatically protects “No Card” operations. You have the right to dispute the operation, if you consider that your card was used in a fraudulent manner. To ensure additional protection of internet operations, we maintain online authentication protocols approved by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode.
Any account associated with suspicious activity will be suspended and investigated. If you have any doubts about the security of your account (unexpected balance changes, password change emails when you have not changed your password), change your password and contact CBet customer service immediately.
How can you protect your data?
Here are some tips to protect your account:
- Never share your account. You should not share your account or use the account of any other person, even if the person you would like to share the account with is your family member or friend.
- Protect your password. Do not use your password anywhere else online. Your password should be hard to guess. Do not use your name or general words.
- Use a strong password. Your password should be chosen randomly but easy to remember. It should be long enough, non-traditional and consist of various symbols. We do not recommend choosing a word from a dictionary. Your password or any part of it should not consist of numbers or combinations related to any other personal identification information. Also do not use the password that could be related to you in any possible manner.
- Change passwords on a regular basis. It is very important if you have doubts that the passwords could have been revealed illegally.
- Never share your login information. Do not reveal your personal information about accounts, including passwords, with any other person, including the persons who present themselves as customer service or security personnel. Do not forget that we never request to reveal the password.
- Do not write down your password and do not store it in your computer or mobile device. Sticky note on your laptop or mobile device is as dangerous as the car keys left in your car.
- Do not leave your computer or mobile device unlocked. Only a few seconds may be necessary to use such an easy access and find out the information necessary for malicious activities. Moreover, just one simple fail, and your mobile device falls out of your pocket or your suitcase in a restaurant or public transport and your data may become accessible to persons who will use it to make you harm.
- Do not use similar passwords as the passwords in operating systems and software/accounts.
- Do not safe your passwords in a browser. A frequently used practice to “remember one’s password” in a browser is dangerous, as other persons may easily log in any accounts whose login data are saved in your browser, if such persons have a possibility to use your computer or mobile device.
- Renew your antivirus software. Use good antivirus software, periodically scan your computer for spying software, do not click on suspicious e-mails and do not visit suspicious websites
- Renew your operating system, browser and plugins. These updates have very important safety measures that will protect your computer or mobile device from newly emerged threats. If you fail to install these updates, your computer/mobile device will be in danger.
- Ensure that your firewall is safe. Firewalls help to block dangerous programs, viruses or spying software before their infiltration to your system.
- Avoid login to CBet account by using public computers, for example, in libraries, internet cafes and so on.
- Avoid operations by using public Wi-Fi. Unlike using your home computer, usage of public connections is related to safety violations. Other users may easily take over your data; therefore, you must behave carefully with the information you sent while you are online.
- Protect your Wi-Fi network at home or at the office. If is recommended to protect your wireless network with a password and therefore do not allow other persons to use your wireless network without your authorization. Even if such persons are trying to connect to Wi-Fi free of charge, you do not want to share your private information with the persons who are using your network without your authorization.
- Search for the main markers. We trust in globally accepted protocol HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure) to protect the users and their operations. Therefore, in your website we use a green marker of a browser url and the address of the link starts with https instead of http or www. Before opening annexes or clicking on the link, carefully check the name of the e-mail sender. Most of malicious software attacks are sent by using fictive e-mail addresses.
Have the safety of your account been violated?
Your account safety could have been violated if:
- your account data have been changed but it have not been done by you (for example, e-mail address, home address or phone number)
- there have been actions in your account that have not been done by you. It may include deposits, cash withdrawals or bets
- you have received an e-mail about the change of the password, although you have not changed it
- you are trying to login your account but you cannot do that although you have entered the right data.
If you have doubts regarding your account safety (unexpected balance changes or e-mails about password change if you have not changed it), please immediately change the passport and contact CBet customer service.
What is a cookie?
Cookie is a small file with a line of certain symbols that is sent to your browser when you visit a certain website or application. Cookies are used to safe and receive identifiers and other information about computers, telephones and other devices. You can set your browser to reject all cookies or to inform you when the cookie is downloaded. However, certain functions or services of a website may not operate without proper cookies. Cookies have an important role. The usage of websites would be much more difficult without them. Cookies cannot damage your device and cannot be used for installation of harmful software.
We can use this technology for different aims, for example:
- that you could use and access our website and its payment services;
- in order to facilitate and simplify operation and access to a website;
- to understand better how you browse and communicate on our website to improve our services;
- to show you the contents that is more related to you;
- to monitor and analyse operation of a website;
- to implement legal agreements;
- to identify and prevent frauds;
- to carry out our customer service analysis, research, product creation and regulation.We may allow our business partners to use these technologies on our website. These third parties may use this technology to analyse and collect information for their activities on our website and marketing activities and to help us to detect and prevent fraud or to assess the related risks.
The cookies we use are divided into the following categories:
Necessary cookies. These cookies are necessary to take care of the functions of our website and to ensure that the website carries out the necessary works.
Performance cookies. These cookies are used to manage the website. They help us to find out how the visitors use each page and which pages are popular. They also help to find out what pages are not operating and how we could improve operation of the website. In the absence of these cookies you would see the online advertising that is less suitable for your interests. Although these cookies and similar technologies can monitor your visits to different websites, they usually do not identify you.